Connecting Rod Repair
We undertake connecting rod repair, inspection and connecting rod resizing other inspection procedures followed by us are as follow:
- Non destructive test for crack detection.
- Checking of Straightness of connecting rod on DRDO machine before Repair of Connecting Rod and After the Repair of Connecting Rod.
- Machining and lapping of damaged Serration.
- Boring and grinding of Big end and Small end bores to remove taper and ovality.
- Tolerances maintained as per manufacturers specifications after Reconditioning of Connecting Rods.
After continuous running of marine engines the connecting rod develops taper and ovality.
Repair of Connecting Rods – Main Features:
- Reconditioning of Connecting Rods is executed in designated work shop or on site depending on scope of work.
- Specially designed tools and equipments for lapping purpose.
- Dedicated boring machine equipped with DRDO to check straightness with in 10 microns and Resizing of Connecting Rods.
- Well established procedure for connecting rod repair.
- Experienced and dedicated engineers to execute for Reconditioning of Connecting Rod.
- Availability of In house technical data for different models of engines.
- Repair executed with guarantee.
- Repair of Connecting Rod big end bore ranging from 60 mm. to 650 mm.
We regularly undertake repair of Connecting Rods of MAN B & W, Caterpillar, Yanmar, Daihatsu, Fuji, Wartsila, Mirrlees Blackstone, Ruston, Skoda, SKL etc.
After Reconditioning of Connecting Rod big end bore is maintained and resized as per manufacturer specification.